A one-day technical workshop on the Practical Implementation of IPSAS took place on Tuesday, 31 October 2017 in Room XVII in the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
The workshop featured two main panel discussions. The morning panel discussed:
• What are the main technical developments that occurred over the recent years in the area of IPSAS?
• What is the scope of the IPSAS conceptual framework that the IPSASB updated recently? How does it facilitate implementation?
• What are key lessons learned in practical implementation of IPSAS?
The afternoon panel focused on:
• Which key considerations do implementing countries need to keep in mind in transitioning from cash-based to accruals-based accounting?
• How could Governments facilitate timely publication of public sector financial statements?
• How do IPSASs facilitate consistency between public sector financial reporting, systems of national accounts and Government Financial Statistics Systems (GFS)?
Both sessions were followed by a plenary discussion.