- The call for nominations is issued by UNCTAD through the ISAR network and other means of outreach to the potential candidates.
- The UNCTAD secretariat conducts an initial screening of the nominations to ensure that the nominations are presented by eligible candidates, that templates are properly filled, and that supporting evidence is provided.
- The UNCTAD secretariat establishes a Review Committee consisting of several distinguished international experts in the area of sustainability reporting and SDGs. The objective of the Committee is to advise UNCTAD on the selection of national best practices as the ISAR Honours candidates, based on the received nominations. The Review Committee acts on an ad honorem basis.
- Committee members are expected to rate the nominations according to the set of selection criteria and to identify top selected nominations based on the principle of “non-independent” votes and on a consensus basis. The UNCTAD secretariat will support Committee members in the process.
- The ISAR Honours are announced publicly at the ISAR session on the annual basis. The ISAR Honours will not endorse any specific initiative or organization.
The ISAR Honours initiative recognizes policy, institutional and capacity-building efforts of different stakeholders that encourage and assist enterprises to publish…