Ernst & Young Colombia
Felipe is the FAAS leader for the Latin- America Market. Felipe is part of the Global and Americas board for FAAS.
Felipe’s professional experience of more than 24 years has been primarily with industrial and service entities of the Banking and financial services, retail, manufacturing and mining sectors in LATAM, United States and European Union. Additionally, he has the international accreditation, granted by the Firm in IFRS. Felipe is a member of the IFRS global team with seat in London and New York. Particularly, he is part of the IFRS 1 first-time adoption global team.
He is in charge of the Climate Change and Sustainability Services in LATAM. He has been in charge of the audit and specific reviews, under IFRS and US GAAP, of important economic groups in Colombia and Latin America. He has also been in charge of the conversion of the financial statements to U.S. GAAP of important economic local and Latin American economic groups. Currently, he leads the technical committee of the Firm in U.S. GAAP and IPO related topics. He is a well know professional in accounting technical matters as well as in economics and finance.
Within his academic formation the following is highlighted:
- Doctor in Business Administration (DBA) of Business Administration Maastricht School of Management, The Netherland
- Ph.D Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú
- Master of Philosophy de Maastricht School of management, The Netherland
- Master in International Leadership from EADA.
- Global MBA from EADA, Barcelona and Centrum Graduate school of management, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Perú. Expetional academics results honor diploma.
- Business initiative in Latin-American countries, Program from Centrum graduate school (Pontificia Universidad Católica de Perú)
- BABSON executive education: EY Strategic Leadership for EY partners.
- Harvard Business publishing: Felipe participated in the Harvard Leadership program for EY Partners.
- Harvard Business School: Felipe graduated from the Leading Professional Service Firm program.
- Northwestern University (Kellogg School of Management): Felipe graduated from the CEO Management Program from Kellogg Business School.
- Harvard Business School: GMP (general, management program)
- Harvard Business School: AMP (Advanced management program)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW): Felipe obtained the IFRS International Certification
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA): Felipe obtained the IPSAS International Certification
- Finance specialist from Universidad del Norte.
Felipe has been a university professor in economic, local and international accounting, auditing, finance from the most important and well-known universities in Latin-American and Spain. Currently, Felipe is a member of the executive corporate board of EADA Business School Barcelona and HHL Leipzig School of Management. Felipe is a professor (MBAs and Master degrees) in the most recognized Universities in Colombia, Ecuador and Spain. Felipe is an invited professor at EADA for the international master’s programs, and professor of the Executive MBA of Universidad de los Andes, UEES Ecuador, CESA and GBS Universidad del Rosario.
Felipe has been a certified instructor of the IFRS course dictated by Fundación CEDDET of Spain, the Instituto Iberoamericano de Mercado de Valores, supported by the Spain Embassy in Colombia and a representative in the team for the adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards for Colombia.
Felipe used to be the president of the ad-honorem technical committee of the industrial sector which supports the Technical Council of Public Accountancy and is member of the IRS committee of expert advisors for the National Government and member of the regulation desk of Law 1314 (IFRS) led by the Ministry of Commerce and Finance and Public Credit. For several years, Felipe has been working tirelessly with the Colombian Government and regulators to advance IFRS adoption in Colombia and giving economics advice to the Central Bank.
Felipe is a columnist and has been interviewed by important journals and economic magazines of the country and abroad. Felipe is a board member of Centrum Católica, EADA School of management Barcelona and Leipzig School of management.
Felipe is columnist at El Espectador, Portafolio, La República. Aithor of “Anunciado en mi Columna”.