President & CEO, World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- Ambassador Against Hunger, UN World Food Programme
- Chairman, War Child, Netherlands
- Co-Chair, Redefining the Role of Business for Sustainable Development, SDSN
- UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network
- Vice-Chairman International Integrated Reporting Council
Peter Bakker is the President of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development. Mr. Bakker is a distinguished business leader who, until June 2011, was the CEO of TNT NV, the Netherlands-based holding company of TNT Express and Royal TNT Post. Under his leadership TNT rose to the forefront of Corporate Responsibility via a ground-breaking partnership with the UN World Food Program and ambitious CO2 reduction targets from its Planet Me initiative, holding multiple-year top-ranking positions in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Mr. Bakker is the recipient of Clinton Global Citizen Award (2009); SAM Sustainability Leadership Award (2010); and has been an Ambassador Against Hunger for the UN World Food Programme since 2011. In addition he is the Chairman of War Child Netherlands.