To ensure that potential initiatives qualify for ISAR Honours, please consider the following guidance. It provides examples of types and objectives of eligible initiatives as well as selection criteria including technical aspects of the application.
Initiatives* in the area of sustainability/ESG/SDG reporting could include, for example, but are not limited to the following:
- Introducing awards initiatives
- Dissemination of good reporting practices
- Coordination efforts for alignment of the reporting requirements
- Developing/implementing guidelines for reporting frameworks
- SDG/ESG reporting facilitation/ acceleration
- Developing/implementing index and benchmark mechanisms
- Setting up knowledge hubs/ platforms/ data repositories
- Developing/ implementing national regulatory requirements
- Developing strategic partnerships
- Developing or implementing training initiatives etc.
* Please kindly consider that corporate reports will not be considered as an eligible initiative
Objectives of the initiative could be, but are not limited to:
- Improving reporting/disclosure on sustainability issues
- Integrating sustainability issues into companies’ reporting cycles
- Promoting collection of data to demonstrate companies’ contribution to implementation of the SDGs
The following Selection Criteria are considered for evaluating the initiative:
- How does the initiative encourage efforts towards consolidation and harmonization among existing reporting frameworks and/or contribute to consensus-building among the main reporting stakeholders at the national, regional and/or international level?
- How does the initiative contribute to better quality of sustainability reporting, consistency of financial and non-financial information and/or facilitate integration of sustainability information into companies’ reporting cycle?
- How does the initiative help to collect useful and reliable data at a national, regional and/or international level to report on the private sector contribution towards the implementation of the SDGs and/ or report on SDG indicator 12.6.1 Number of companies publishing sustainability reports?
- How does the initiative contribute to advancing knowledge and building capacity in sustainability/ESG/SDG reporting in the country?
- How does this initiative have a measurable/proven impact on regulatory and institutional foundations for accounting and reporting at a national level?